Creativity comes in many forms and as Head of Design I always encourage my team to think outside of fashion to nurture their creative brains. And one thing we all love at team Adini, is food. Sourcing good quality local produce. Cooking, presenting it and of course eating. As we all travel so much and are influenced by many cultures, we love the idea of fusion cooking. Through our monthly blog we will present just something that we have cooked, just because it’s creative.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 35/45 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 50/60 minutes
Servings: Makes 10 slices
Category: Desert, Breakfast, Snack,
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Healthy, Refined sugar free,
Freezer Friendly 1 month
Does it keep? 4 Days
• 165g gluten free flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
• 3 medium ripe bananas
• 1 Tbsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 3 Tablespoons of Sukrin Gold or other natural low Calorie sweetener
• 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
• 2 egg whites whipped (till soft peaks form)
• 3/4 tsp sea salt
• 3 Tablespoons of dairy free milk (I use unsweetened almond)
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
• Handful of coconut chips & sliced banana for decorating (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200C and line a cake or bread tin with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas with a fork and add the whipped egg white, vanilla extract, sukrin, milk and coconut sugar and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and the sea salt, and cinnamon (optional) and stir to combine.
4. Melt the butter and add this to this mix.
5. Combine the mixes into one bowl and stir. (add blueberries to the mix and stir)
6. Top with coconut (optional). In place of coconut, you can also substitute almond flakes and/or a sprinkle of coconut sugar
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean and the edges are dark golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Then remove from tin and let cool completely on a cooling rack. The wrappers peel away easier and the muffin texture is best when completely cooled.
8. Serve with yogurt and berries, nut butter, or as is. Store leftovers in a covered container for up to 4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 10 Slices)
· Calories: 115
· Fat: 1.5g
· Carbohydrates: 23.5g
· Fiber: 1.6g
· Sugar: 4.7g
· Protein: 1.6g
*Gluten Free Flour (Bob's Red Mill Gluten free Flour)